Sunday, April 8, 2012

A week ago today my hubby & I returned from the land of warmth to...cold. Interestingly enough, we weren't in Mexico or Hawaii either but in Georgia. It was my first visit there and enjoyed ourselves a lot.

Margaret Mitchell's house


An telegram concerning "Gone With the Wind"


A visit to CNN


Atlanta's main street (it seems it is as it travels just about the whole way north to south)


Martin Luther King's memorial & house


The weather-87F! woot! woot! in MARCH! 
(it was really hard for my camera to focus in the dark & BTW we were on the freeway and being passed by other drivers!)


Savannah-the Historic District-imagine climbing these in a 19th Century dress!


The house from "In the Garden of Good and Evil" movie


My first visit to a Piggly Wiggly-
I now have my own Piggly Wiggly bag to bring to the airport
 (a Jeff Foxworthy reference)


Tybee Island Lighthouse


and the Atlantic Ocean (with me in it)


Village Pizza- a really good pizza in Metter-where "everything is better..."


An evening in the Allman Brother's (Museum) backyard 
listening to good music  (Macon).


Back City Woods playing-that mandolin player sure gets into the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment